1 box yellow cake mix
1 cup plain yogurt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
2 cups powdered sugar
2 TBS butter, melted
1 TBS plain yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Zest one orange.
3. Cut orange in half and juice.
4. Mix one cup yogurt, orange juice and orange zest.
5. Pour cake mix in bowl.
6. Mix cake mix with eggs, vegetable oil, and water.
7. Mix cake mix and yogurt mixture.
8. Grease bundt cake pan.
9. Pour mixture in cake pan.
10. Cook for 35-40 minutes.
11. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes.
12. Take out of pan and let cool completely on wire rack.
13. Zest second orange.
14. Juice one half of second orange.
15. Mix powdered sugar, orange juice, melted butter and yogurt.
16. Add more powdered sugar or orange juice until it reaches the right consistency.
17. Poke holes in top of cake with fork.
18. Pour glaze over cake, making sure most of the extra pools in the middle.
Like I said before, I crave sweets! I was going to make this as a lemon cake, but since I had a couple of oranges at home, I decided that would be easier than going to the store to buy lemons.
Nate got jokingly mad at me yesterday because this was so good that he ate so much of it. I have to say, it was REALLY good. I kept picking pieces of it off throughout the night, it was so good, I just couldn’t stop myself from eating it. We only have about 1/3 of the cake left maybe less, because we ate so much. Nate kept saying “because its fruity, it feels like it should be healthy.” I don’t think its healthy, but it can’t be THAT bad for you either.
Anyway, I’ll definitely be making this again sometime. Maybe not for a while, because Nate will get mad at me. I promised him I wouldn’t make another dessert for a week, though we still have some of this left, and oreo cookie balls in the fridge and freezer.