I saw a version of this recipe here, from the Pioneer Woman and decided it looked to delicious not to try it for ourselves. I slightly adapted the recipe to make it more my own, and also decided we might as well eat the sandwiches on deli buns, instead of eating 3 or 4 dinner rolls. Either way, this turned out really tasty.
**You can use a jar of sauce, or make your own. I chose to make my own similar to this recipe, but I left out the salt, pepper and garlic since the meatballs had so much flavor already.
1. Put ground beef, bread crumbs, garlic, salt, pepper and milk in a large bowl.
2. Knead together with hands, mixing thoroughly.
3. Roll meat into tablespoon sized balls.
3. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
4. Add onions and saute for 1 minute.
5. Add meatballs between the onions and brown for 1 minute. (I had to do this in 2 batches).
6. Flip meatballs over carefully and brown for 1 minute.
7. Pour marinara sauce into the pan.
8. Put lid on pan and shake gently to mix.
9. With lid on pan, allow sauce to simmer for 20 minutes.
10. After 20 minutes, cut deli rolls open in the middle.
11. Put about 6 meatballs on each roll, with extra sauce.
12. Top meatballs with desired amount of mozzarella cheese.
13. Eat immediately and enjoy!