Ground Chicken Burgers
So, as mentioned here
, I got 4 new kitchen aid attachments for my birthday. And one of them was the meat grinder attachment
. So the first thing we decided to make was ground chicken burgers. Now, I have actually never had a burger that wasn’t made of ground beef (no turkey burgers or anything), so I wasn’t exactly sure if I would like a chicken burger. But after a few bites of getting used to the different texture, this burger tasted great. We ate our chicken burgers plain so that we could really see how the burger itself tasted, but of course this would taste great topped with any of your favorite sandwich or hamburger toppings.
1 lb ground chicken
1 cup fresh bread crumbs
1/4 onion, diced finely
1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/2 TBS seasonal all
1/4 TBS onion salt
1/2 TBS garlic salt
1 TBS salt
1/2 TBS mesquite BBQ seasoning
1. Preheat grill (charcoal, electric or gas)
2. Place all ingredients, except ranch, in a large mixing bowl and mix together with hands or a wooden spoon.
3. Divide chicken mixture into 4ths.
4. Form mixture into patties.
5. Cook patties over grill as you would a hamburger, flipping occasionally.
6. Coat burgers with a little ranch dressing each time you flip them to keep them from drying out.
7. Chicken burgers are done when their temperature reaches 165 degrees. **
**Even if you didn’t win our giveaway this morning for the meat thermometer you can buy your own from amazon here.
Enjoy this chicken burger as a healthier alternative to the traditional groundbeef burger.
What are some healthy alternatives/substitutes that your family likes to make?