Artichoke Crusted Salmon
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 7 ounces artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅛ cup grated Parmesan cheese (I actually forgot to put this in, so we sprinkled it on top afterwards)
- 1 Tbs. dried basil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 (7 oz) salmon fillets, no skin
- garlic salt to taste
- freshlygrounded pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine onion, artichokes, garlic, butter, and cream cheese in a food processor. Process until chopped but not completely smooth. Mix in the Parmesan cheese and basil.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Place salmon in the skillet and sprinkle with garlic salt and ground pepper. Sear until golden brown, turn and sear the other side.
- Transfer to a 9×13 pan. Spread artichoke mixture over the top of each fillet. Bake in the oven for 5 to 8 minutes until the salmon is firm and baked throughout.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from “Biltmore, Our Table to Yours – Chef’s Selection Cookbook”.
I thought this was delicious and I am looking forward to the leftovers. Craig thought it was a bit of an acquired taste and would have like more seasoning.