Isn’t pot pie the perfect meal for a cool autumn day? With the cooling weather and our awesome portable oven, Nate and I decided to head to the canyon to cook some pot pies. Instead of chicken we had leftover stew and thought it would be the perfect alternative. It was.
about 6 cups of stew (including onions, potatoes, carrots, beef, sauce, etc.)
1/4 cup flour
2 cubes beef bouillon
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup half & half
2 pie crusts
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Drain stew sauce into a sauce pan. Add beef bouillon, water, and half & half. Heat over medium heat.
3. Coat stew vegetables and meat in flour.
4. Add flour coated vegetables and meat to the sauce.
5. Heat sauce for about 10 minutes until it thickens.
6. Lay your bottom pie crust in a pie pan.
7. Pour stew mixture into pie crust.
8. Cover with top pie crust. Press sides closed. Cut 2 slits on the top to allow steam to vent.
9. Bake for 40-50 minutes until crust is golden brown.