My name is Nate, and I am Aimee’s husband. While Aimee is frequently baking up a storm in the kitchen I am outside grilling up a feast. I absolutely love grilling and love the flavors you get from cooking with charcoal.
Aimee recently gave me a rotisserie for my grill as a gift, and I have been using it extensively. I understand that many of the readers of this blog are not big-time grillers, but this recipe is easily converted for use in the oven.
- 2 pound flank steak
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp onion salt
- 2 tbsp Hungarian paprika
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp dried mint
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl to create dry rub
- Use olive oil to baste the flank steak
- Rub the dry rub mixture evenly over the flank steak
- Place in baking pan and cover
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until medium-rare to medium (130 to 145 degrees internally).
- When done, remove from oven and let sit for 5-7 minutes to prevent juices from running out of the meat when slicing
- Slice in 1/4" thick to 1/8" slices, depending on preference.
Flank steak can get very tough if you overcook it so keep an eye on the internal temperature while cooking. Enjoy!
If grilling, follow steps 1-5 and bake on medium heat on grill for 35-45 minutes. Flip over every 7-10 minutes and then continue with steps 7 and 8.