Yesterday during some down time at work I decided to browse instagram for a few minutes. One of my favorite bloggers shared a picture of some peanut butter caramel corn and I knew that was a snack I had to make right away. I also had a half can of sweetened condensed milk left in the fridge from making soft caramels, so this was the perfect excuse to use it up. Instead of copying her recipe I decided to slightly alter my favorite caramel corn recipe just by adding a little peanut butter to the mix. In my opinion it made the perfect snack and it was so easy I will definitely be making this again and again and again. (Ps. It tasted a little like the rice krispy part of scotcheroos)
Also, you should follow me on instragram @lmldfood and let me know your username and I’ll follow back.
Also, you should go check out Sally’s Baking Addiction. Sally shares the absolutely yummiest recipes, and each of her pictures will make you drool as they are so beautiful.
Anyway, back to the recipe. This popcorn is caramel, soft, peanut buttery goodness.
Peanut Butter Caramel Popcorn
1/2 cup unpopped popcorn
3 TBS butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 can (1/2 cup) sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla
1. Using an air popper, pop your pop popcorn. (Or on the stovetop)
2. Combine butter, sugars, condensed milk, corn syrup and peanut butter in a medium sized microwave safe dish.
3. Microwave for 2 minutes. Stir. Microwave for another 2 minutes. Stir again. Microwave for a final 2 minutes and stir again. (Don’t microwave more than 6 minutes!)
4. Add baking soda and vanilla and mix in.
5. Pour some of the caramel over the popcorn in a large bowl and stir to combine. Add a little more at a time until popcorn is evenly coated.