What do you do when you have lots of heavy whipping cream on hand, you make ice cream!
I was searching for an ice cream recipe that was just a little different, I kept finding recipes that required cooking and being the semi-lazy person I am those were not the recipes for me. I wanted something I could just throw into my ice cream maker and this was the recipe for me. Using the sweetened condensed milk was a new ingredient but I believe that is what keeps the softness of the ice cream.
I made chocolate, but I think you could choose your own flavoring. Also don’t hesitate choosing different mix ins.
1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups whole milk
8 oz. heavy whipping cream
1/3 cup chocolate syrup
1/4 cup chopped dried cherries
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1. In a prepared ice cream maker, add sweetened condensed milk, whole milk, whipping cream, and chocolate syrup.
2. Follow the directions of your ice cream maker and mix until solid and the constancy of soft serve ice cream.
3. Remove from ice cream maker and place in an air tight container ready for the freezer.
4. Stir in cherries, almonds, and chocolate chips.
5. Place in freezer and freeze for 2 or more hours.
This ice cream stays smooth and kind of soft like Wendy’s frosties or frozen pudding. It makes it easy to dish and serve, but mostly it is delicious.