These pancakes are the perfect solution for breakfast in the morning, or brinner at night. They’re fluffy, thick, soft and delicious. Great topped with any of your favorite toppings!
Post Updated: 8/11/17
I grew up eating pancakes from a mix like bisquick or krusteaz, and although those can be great from time to time, these are my go to pancakes! When I have just a couple extra minutes to make breakfast in the morning, I make these.
These pancakes are delicious, they’re thick, and fluffy and perfect. They’re easy to make, and only take a few minutes of prep. They’re great with any of your favorite pancake toppings, syrup, fresh fruit, whipped cream, peanut butter, etc. I’ve used these to make banana pancakes, peach pie pancakes, chocolate chip pancakes and more!
- 1 TBS vinegar
- 1 cup milk
- 1¼ cup flour
- 2 TBS sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2 TBS butter, melted
- Preheat a large griddle to medium high heat.
- Combine milk with vinegar in a medium sized bowl. Set aside for about 5 minutes (Or you can use buttermilk).
- Put sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Sift flour into large mixing bowl with other dry ingredients.
- Add the butter and egg into the bowl with the “sour” milk.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir together, just until the lumps are gone.
- Spray skillet with non stick cooking spray.
- Pour pancake batter onto skillet in ¼ cupfuls.
- Cook pancakes until bubbles begin to appear on the surface.
- Flip with a spatula and cook for another 1-2 minutes until golden on the bottom side too.