This last week at work we had a gala. Its our biggest fundraising event of the year and we serve dinner and have students perform and a silent and a live auction and its a really great event. I’ve been helping to plan the event for the last few months at work, and the week of the event was really crazy and busy for me at work because of all the preparation for it. But it turned out perfectly. And Nate took pictures of the event and he’s a really great photographer and did a great job capturing the performers, the beautiful decorations, the auction items, the people and everything. So fun.
The only problem, is he took about 400 photos, maybe 450 and while he was going through deleting photos that he didn’t think were good when he was just testing out the lighting and everything to get it right he accidentally deleted my best photo of this ham fried rice.
How’s that for wrap around relevance for ya? But I forgave him anyway. And well, I still had 3 photos left luckily, and you should still be able to see how delicious this ham fried rice is. Its filled with ham, and eggs, and veggies and of course rice and its pretty delicious.
This recipe is great to use up leftover rice, or you can just cook some rice up before you make all this together and then you’ll want to use 3 cups of it cooked. And it comes together perfectly and deliciously into this.
Ham Fried Rice
1 TBS oil
1/4 cup onion, diced
1/2 TBS garlic
1 cup ham, chopped
1/2 cup carrots, diced
1/2 cup peas
2 eggs, beaten
3 cups cooked rice
2 TBS soy sauce
1 TBS teriyaki sauce
1. Saute up onion and garlic in oil over medium heat in a large skillet until garlic is fragrant.
2. Add ham and allow it to brown up for a couple minutes.
3. Add carrots and peas and mix together. Cook until carrots begin to soften.
4. Move everything to the side of the skillet and pour in beaten eggs. Cook until eggs are scrambled.
5. Add in rice and mix everything together.
6. Pour in sou sauce and teriyaki sauce and mix it all together.
Enjoy this ham fried rice as a main dish or side.