We have another great guest poster for you today sharing another delicious recipe. These apricot hand pies from Marissa from Rae Gun Ramblings are not only quick and easy to make, but also delicious!
Hi I’m Marissa from Rae Gun Ramblings and I’m so excited to be here while Aimee is snuggling her new sweet boy! I have a new baby boy at home myself so I’m extra excited for Aimee. I blog about all kinds of crafty, delicious, and bookish things. I spend my days sewing for my shop where I sell handmade baby clothes and I’m a super big Harry Potter fan. Today I’m sharing an easy Apricot Hand Pie Recipe.
With my new baby at home I’ve been finding myself starving all the time. I just don’t have much time to make stuff so I end up eating chips and cookies. Granted I’ve made a super yummy Lactation cookie recipe but contrary to what some might think a girl can’t only live on cookies! So I’ve been trying to come up with super easy and fast recipes that I can make ahead so when the little guy gives me a chance I can eat some real food.
- 1 Sheet Puff Pastry
- 6 apricots halved (fresh, frozen, canned any will work)
- 6 TBS cream cheese (or if you want to make it vegan you can use Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese)
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- Thaw the puff pastry. And cut into thirds (I just cut down the fold lines).
- Smear on 2 TBS cream cheese to half of each piece of puff pastry.
- Top with 2 apricots each (so 4 halves).
- Sprinkle each with 1 tsp brown sugar.
- Fold over and press closed with the ends of a fork.
- Bake at 400 F for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
These are so quick and easy they are perfect for new mamas or anyone who is in need of something yummy and fast. Before I go here are some of my favorite recipes. I hope you swing by my blog to see what else I’m up to and say hi.
Let’s connect! You can also find me hanging out here.