**This post is sponsored by Favado. All opinions are my own.
Once the weather starts to warm up even a little bit we are pulling out our grill any sign of sunshine that we get. We love cooking outside because we know our food will be delicious but also because eating outside is so comfortable. And I especially love having friends over for a good barbecue!
Some of our favorite things to cook up on the grill are bbq chicken, burgers and kebabs. But one of our least favorite things is how much it costs to buy a really good cut of meat or even some of the ingredients we want.
Thanks to the Favado App we can now save money on our necessary barbecue ingredients so we can throw a great summer barbecue for us and our friends or so we can just enjoy a delicious meal outside in the gorgeous weather. The Favado App can help us save money on our favorite meats, condiments, chips, drinks and even whatever we need for a good dessert too.
The Favado App lets you select any of the local stores that you might shop at and then you can use the search to find the specific ingredients you need and their prices at each of your local stores. You can then add the ingredients you want based on the store with the best price to your shopping list. The app even lists coupons and special deals for you too! And its easy to download – available in both the Google Play and iTunes app stores.
So for this recipe I looked up the prices of ground beef and the prices of cheese with the Favado App on my phone because those are the two most expensive ingredients in these bacon cheddar burgers. Ground beef was cheapest at Winco for 2.98 a pound for 85% lean ground beef. This was for a 10 pound package, but we have a deep freezer so we don’t mind cutting it up into 1 pound sections and freezing each of them individually for later use. Luckily Winco also had good cheese prices for a 2 pound block of Kraft cheese was only 5.98.
Now my husband is the expert griller, so this recipe is from him. But he makes the best burgers I’ve ever had and this bacon cheddar burger was no exception to that either. Yum!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 TBS bacon bits
- 1 TBS Worcestershire sauce
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- ½ tsp white sugar
- ⅓ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 TBS parmesan cheese"
- sliced cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- optional toppings: lettuce, tomatoes, ketchup, mustard, etc.
- Preheat your grill to a high temperature.
- Combine all ingredients except the extra cheddar cheese, toppings and burger buns, in a medium sized bowl. Mix together with your hands.
- Form ground beef into about 4 patties. (We like big burgers and sometimes do 3)
- Place your burgers on the grill and allow them to cook for a few minutes on one side, then flip them over and cook a few minutes on the other side.
- Cook until your burgers reach desired doneness (I like well done or medium well personally).
- At the last 1 minute to 30 seconds of cooking add your additional sliced cheese to the top.
- Remove burgers from grill and assemble.
Enjoy these delicious moist burgers for a perfect summer meal.
Now, I want you all to go sign up for a Favado account, but first you MUST go and enter to win the $2,500 Summer BBQ Savings Sweepstakes. I would love if one of our readers won! There is a $2,500 grand prize, along with other weekly prizes like a grilling tool set, charcoal grill and bass grill. The Sweepstakes began May 27th and ends July 4th. So go enter now!