Oh, my goodness – I wasn’t very creative when it came to naming this salad; basically it just describes the healthy and delicious ingredients that you build the salad with. I could call it a dump salad because almost everything was leftovers from a previous meal and all added together for a yummy, healthy salad.
So to tell you how my greens, salmon, shrimp, fruit salad was born, I need to describe our most recently shopping trip and dinners. On Friday, Craig came home with fruit and more fruit from Costco – ripe strawberries, raspberries, grapes, and pineapple. He also picked up some fresh asparagus along with spinach and romaine lettuce. It was all delightful for some choice dinners this week but Craig always worries that we don’t eat everything soon enough before it spoils. In my efforts to calm his concern I used several of the fruits and vegetables in this salad. Then we added some leftovers from the previous days, tomato basil salmon, and grilled shrimp from our neighbors’ Mother’s Day feast. With all this; my greens, salmon, shrimp, fruit salad was born. And the perfect topping to all of this is Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing.
- 2 cups spinach (washed and torn into bite sized pieces)
- 1 cup romaine lettuce (washed and torn into bite sized pieces)
- 6 large strawberries (sliced)
- 1 cup pineapple (diced)
- 1 small bunch asparagus (washed, trimmed, and broken into bite sized pieces)
- ½ cup cranraisins
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 15 small shrimp (deshelled, detailed, and grilled)
- 4 oz salmon (grilled - cut into 1 inch pieces)
- Add all ingredients into a salad bowl and serve
Enjoy this delicious salad for dinner!
Have you ever enjoyed your asparagus raw before?