At a recent “Super Saturday” I made these adorable DIY – decorated mason jars. They were so easy and took no artistic skill, which makes me qualified to make them.
This “Super Saturday” was sponsored by the Relief Society in my church. Relief Society is awesome because it is a sisterhood with a purpose to support, love, and give to each other. Part of our giving is to teach; teach spirituality, teach normal things like cooking and sewing, teach charity, and teach fun things like crafts. At this “Super Saturday”, I learned a couple of new crafts, one sewing project, and several new recipes. Today, I am sharing the DIY – decorated mason jars craft that I made. DIY are recipes, just a different kinds of recipe for something that is not eaten.
- 3 one pint mason jars
- 3 tea lights
- circle stickers (we used pricing stickers)
- 3 lengths of wire cut about 2 feet
- silver frosted spray paint
- wire cutters or pliers
- Place your stickers scattered on your jars. Wherever you place a sticker this will be a clear dot. You determine how close or how many you use.
- Take your wire and wrap it around the neck of your jar. Twist to tie off one end. Take the wire and make a loop to hang from, send the end of this wire through the wrapped wire around the neck and twist to tie it off. If you have extra wire, cut it off with your cutters.
- Take your jars outside and spray gently with the frosted spray paint, covering the entire jar. Do this with a sweeping motion.
- Let paint dry.
- Remove stickers carefully.
For TEA LIGHTS LANTERNS
Add tea lights inside the jars. If you want to add a little color take strips of material about 12 inches long and 1 inch wide and tie bows at the wire ends. Hang and light in the evenings.
or use as WELCOMING DECORATIONS
Add a little water to each jar and then put fresh cut flowers and herbs in each jar acting as a cute vase.