**I created this delicious Philly Cheesesteak Pizza as part of a sponsored post for SocialStars. All opinions are my own. #NewTraDish
I’ve actually never had an official real philly cheesesteak sandwich. I mean, I haven’t been to Philidelphia since I was younger and back then I don’t know that we even thought about trying a Philly cheesesteak. But, I made them all the time while I was working at Legend’s Grille (a sports grill on the campus of BYU – where I went to college) our version then was grilled up Philly steak meat, with sautéed onions, peppers and mushrooms on a hoagie roll spread with lots of cream cheese. Now, with inspiration from Ragú® Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches and their Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff I decided to make a pizza. Everyone loves pizza! I knew that using Ragu® Classic Alfredo Sauce instead of marinara sauce would take this pizza to the next level, and it did!
Now, the greatest thing about this pizza is how easy it is. I still haven’t mastered pizza dough, and I don’t know if its worth trying for how good the dough is from the baker at our local grocery store. And then you smother that with some Ragu® Classic Alfredo Sauce, your shredded mozzarella cheese, your sauteed veggies and of course your philly meat too. If you go the easy route with the dough like I did, this pizza can be whipped up and ready to go in about 30 minutes. Using Ragu® Classic Alfredo Sauce not only made my pizza quick to make, it also gave it a delicious taste that we loved and I know your whole family will love too!
Another great thing about this pizza is well – who doesn’t love pizza. Its the perfect main dish to take to your next football watching party or cut it up into thin slices so you and lots of friends can enjoy it along with some other delicious football foods (think chips and salsa, cookies, sliders, and more!).
- ½ yellow onion, sliced
- ½ large green pepper, sliced
- 3-4 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 TBS olive oil
- ¼ pound thin sliced beef or flank steak sliced into thin strips
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- pizza dough
- ½ cup Ragú® Cheese Creations Classic Alfredo
- 1 heaping cup of mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees with a pizza stone inside.
- Saute your onion, pepper and mushrooms together in a medium sized pan over medium high heat with your olive oil for about 5 minutes until your vegetables start to soften. Set aside.
- Change the heat on your stove top to be a little higher and put your thin sliced beef in the pan, pour in the Worcestershire sauce and cook the beef for about 1-2 minute till just browned.
- Spread out your pizza dough on a pizza paddle lined with a couple tablespoons of corn flour (1/2 corn meal and ½ flour) until desired thickness.
- Spread your Ragu Alfredo Sauce over the top of your dough, to about ½ inch from the edge.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese over the top of your sauce.
- Spread your vegetables and your meat over the top of the cheese evenly.
- Sprinkle a little bit of cheese over the top of it all.
- Place pizza on top of your pizza stone in your oven and bake for about 6-8 minutes, or until cheese and edges of your crust start to turn golden.
Enjoy this flavorful and delicious philly cheeseteak pizza made easy with your favorite store bought dough and Ragú® Cheese Creations Classic Alfredo!
If you like this, then you’ll also like these other recipes: