Wow, “LOADED” is the optimal word here. These loaded sugar cookies bars are just that, loaded with all the chips and nuts and sweets that you might imagine. I loaded mine with chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, pistachio nuts, and cherry M&Ms. A unique combination but truly a great combination together.
The amazing thing is, I had the cherry M&Ms leftover from my Christmas candy. That is amazing right? I think for Christmas this year I received all of my favorite candies; chocolate orange, cordial cherries, orange sticks, and cherry M&Ms. There was so much (thanks Aimee) that I spread the
devouring eating out over the past couple of months. And I had been saving the cherry M&Ms for just the right time and perhaps the right recipe. I chose these loaded sugar cookie bars, it was a good choice.
Now you might not have the same candy, chips, nuts combination. I can see this with chopped candy bars, peanut butter chips, and pecans. Or just all your favorites, just make sure it is a lot – load these cookie bars right up!
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup butter - softened
- 1 egg
- 1 TBS milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1⅝ cup white flour
- 1¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup butterscotch chips
- ½ cup pistachio nuts - shelled and chopped crudely
- 1 cup cherry M&Ms
- Cream together the sugar and butter in a medium bowl
- Add the egg, milk, and vanilla and mix in
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar/butter mixture and stir in
- With your hands form a ball with the dough, wrap in plastic wrap, and place in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours
- After 2 hours remove from fridge and bring to room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray with cooking spray an 8x8 square pan
- In a large bowl put the sugar cookie dough and pour over the top the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, chopped pistachio nuts, and cherry M&Ms
- With your hands mix the chips, nuts, and candy into the dough (sometimes you might break apart the dough to mix more in)
- Put the candy loaded dough into the 8x8 pan and pat flat
- Any candy that is left in the bowl spread over the dough of the dough and pat in
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes in the oven
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely
- Cut into 1.5 x 1.5 inch bars and serve
- Enjoy with a cold glass of milk
Enjoy these delicious loaded sugar cookie bars, loaded with your favorite treats. What are you going to load yours with?