Summer time is always busy for us with lots of fun family activities, barbecues, going to the park, etc. So when it comes to cooking and baking I need quick and easy! That’s where this dessert comes in – EDWARDS® frozen whole pies topped with homemade hot fudge sauce!
I grabbed the Edward’s Pies from Walmart. I got the Turtle Pie and the REESE’S PEANUT BUTTER CUP® Crème Pie. Then I topped them with this creamy and chocolatey homemade hot fudge sauce, you know to make it even more decadent.
This delicious hot fudge is made in just about 10 minutes, so you have this amazing dessert in no time!
This hot fudge is so much better than you can find at any grocery store. Its perfect topped over any dessert, like these pies, a big bowl of ice cream, or brownies. This hot fudge is perfectly thick, but smooth and rich. I swear I could eat the whole jar by the spoonful! Recipe adapted from Created By Diane
I used milk chocolate Guittard chocolate chips, but if you want your fudge a little darker use something else.
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup corn syrup
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 oz high quality chocolate chips, divided
- 2 TBS butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, combine your heavy cream, corn syrup, brown sugar, cocoa, salt, and 3oz of your chocolate chips. Bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Allow to boil for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Remove from heat and stir in your remaining chocolate chips, butter and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
- Serve hot or pour into a canning jar and cool before covering and refrigerating.
Edwards has a variety of delicious whole frozen pies, HERSHEY’S® Chocolate Crème Pie, Key Lime Pie, New York Style Cheesecake, Lemon Meringue Pie, Cookies and Crème Pie, HERSHEY’S® SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Crème Pie and Strawberry Crème Pie (in addition to the two flavors I recently purchased). Don’t forget to go to Walmart to save $1.00 on any ONE EDWARDS® Whole Pie with this rebate (while supplies last).