These oven baked meatballs are packed full of flavor and so easy to make! They are perfect served on top of a bed of spaghetti and marinara!
Do you ever get excited when you’re eating dinner that you’ll have leftovers and you get to eat it again for lunch the next day? I sure do, and these Italian meatballs were so good for dinner, and maybe, just maybe even better eaten as leftovers.
These Italian meatballs are packed full of flavor, and perfect served on top of spaghetti, which is how we had them, but they’d be great on a meatball sandwich too.
The meatballs are made by mixing together ground beef, Italian style bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, eggs, dried basil, dried oregano, and garlic salt. Mix everything all together with your hands or a wooden spoon until combined. Roll into balls and bake up. While the meatballs are baking you can prepare your spaghetti noodles and sauce. You can use a homemade sauce recipe, or any store bought sauce will do too.
This recipe makes about 24 golf ball sized meatballs, so you should have plenty for leftovers and if you don’t think you will, then double the recipe – they are that good!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Italian style bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all your ingredients in a large bowl. Mix with your hands or a wooden spoon till combined.
- Roll mixture into golf ball sized balls and place on a cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the meatballs are cooked throughout.
- Remove from pan and place on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Serve over spaghetti and marinara.
What’s your favorite food to have as leftovers?
Some of my other favorite recipes to eat as leftovers!