These green apple smoothie bowls are full of spinach, apple banana and yogurt topped with pomegranate, granola and other chopped or dried fruit! Its a perfect “grown up” smoothie!
It’s not easy being green. I am stealing a few words from Kermit because I agree with him. It isn’t easy being green, it is not surprising to find someone who doesn’t like their greens. Maybe you are one of those. I used to be.
The only green vegetables I would touch when I was young was green peas and iceberg lettuce. Green beans – maybe. Spinach – yuck! Asparagus – no way! Broccoli – maybe if you paid me. Let only kale or Brussel sprouts.
Over the years my taste buds have matured, my eyes have opened to experimentation, my mind has become willing and I like my greens. One of the ways I like my greens is drinking them. Any smoothie I make now I throw in some spinach. And smoothie bowls are the grownup versions of smoothies. This green apple smoothie bowl with spinach, apple, banana, yogurt, and a dash of cinnamon is a grownup version of the smoothie bowl. I think it is the cinnamon, maybe it is the toasted coconut Greek yogurt but it is definitely the spinach.
So here’s to being green and eating your greens because you love them, and not just because they are healthy and good for you. Here’s to being a grownup with this green apple smoothie bowl.
P.S. I think your kids will like it too but maybe you won’t want to share.
- 1 cup spinach
- half of 1 small frozen banana
- 1 small apple
- 5 oz container Greek Toasted Coconut Yogurt
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Toppings - granola, pomegranate ariels, sliced banana, chopped apples
- If you haven't already freeze a peeled banana or two for smoothies now and later
- Peel, core, and dice finely 1 apple
- In a blender/magic bullet add the spinach, banana, milk, orange juice, apple, yogurt, and cinnamon
- Blend until smooth follow manufacturer's instructions. You may how to shake or scrape down every once in a while - please make sure your machine is turned off when you do this
- Once fully blended, pour into 2 medium bowls
- Top with your favorite extras: granola, oats, pomegranate ariels, more bananas or apples
Top your green apple smoothie bowls with pomegranate ariels, granola, chopped fruit, coconut, or nuts for an even more delicious grownup taste.