A one of a kind salmon dish with 2 cheeses and artichoke sauce for your healthy eating style.
Artichoke Crusted Salmon
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- 7 ounces artichoke hearts (drained)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/8 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbs. dried basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 7 oz 7 oz salmon fillets (no skin)
- 1/2 tap garlic salt to taste (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine onion, artichokes, garlic, butter, and cream cheese in a food processor. Process until chopped but not completely smooth. Mix in the Parmesan cheese and basil.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Place salmon in the skillet and sprinkle with garlic salt and ground pepper. Sear until golden brown, turn and sear the other side.
- Transfer to a 9×13 pan. Spread artichoke mixture over the top of each fillet. Bake in the oven for 5 to 8 minutes until the salmon is firm and baked throughout.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from “Biltmore, Our Table to Yours – Chef’s Selection Cookbook”.
I thought this was delicious and I am looking forward to the leftovers. Craig thought it was a bit of an acquired taste and would have like more seasoning.