Baked apples are topped with a crumbly cinnamon crisp topping. Perfect for an easy fall dessert!
**These baked apples are made using SPLENDA® Brand as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars #SplendaSweeties #SweetSwaps #MadeInAmerica All opinions are my own.
Pin these baked apples with cinnamon crisp for later!
With school back in session, we have to take full advantage of labor day weekend coming up. It may be our last chance to throw a barbecue. These baked apples would be the perfect barbecue or fall dessert.
These apples are so easy to make with minimal ingredients and only about 5 minutes of prep work. The apple halves are topped with a 4 ingredient cinnamon oatmeal crumb topping that is made with coconut oil to make them better for you, and SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener (to cut back on the added sugar).
The oatmeal and cinnamon topping is so crumbly and bursting full of flavor. The crumb topping is always my favorite part of apple crisp type desserts and it was on these baked apples as well!
Everyone at your barbecue will love these sweet and delicious apples Your family and friends will gobble them up!
Even better, top the apples with a small scoop of your favorite sugar free (or low sugar) ice cream or homemade coconut whipped cream!
Baked Apples with Cinnamon Crisp
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 2 TBS SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 TBS melted coconut oil
- 3 apples cut in half and cored
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the oats, flour, SPLENDA® Granulated, cinnamon and coconut oil in a small bowl until a nice crumbly mixture is formed.
- Place the apples in a baking dish.
- Spread about 2 TBS of the crumb mixture over the top of each apple half.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes, or until the crumb is golden and the apples are soft.
- Serve with whipped coconut cream if desired.
For more great Splenda recipes, visit SPLENDA® brand, on facebook, pinterest, instagram, or twitter.
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction says
Baked apples are a favorite around here! Love the cinnamon crisp center of these!
Platt College says
I really love cinnamon. Great recipe!
Megan - The Emotional Baker says
These would make the perfect treat for Labor Day!! I’ve never baked apples like this, but it’s high time I give it a try 🙂
Aimee Berrett says
Yes you need to! It was my first time as well, but not my last 🙂