Marinate your flank steak in this Balsamic Flank Steak Marinade to give it delicious flavor, with the most tender meat. Its perfect served up with some veggies or potatoes.
**I received a free Big Green Egg Grill in exchange for writing this post. All opinions are mine.
Multiple times throughout dinner my husband said that this was the best flank steak he had ever eaten. I agreed, and even our 3 year old eagerly gobbled up more than his share.
This flank steak is marinated in a balsamic vinegar, oregano, garlic and salt mixture. You can marinate it anywhere from 1 hour to overnight, depending on how much time you have. And then when you’re almost ready to eat you’ll just preheat your grill and cook it up in under 15 minutes. The meat only cooks for about 4-5 minutes on each side to give the middle that perfect medium rare and perfectly tender texture. Let it rest for about 5 minutes and then slice it up and dig in.
I topped ours with additional balsamic reduction for more of that great balsamic flavor and its delicious topped with sliced up fresh tomatoes and a little basil too.
I used True Aussie Grassfed Beef for this recipe because its lean, and contains 13 essential nutrients including iron, zinc, and B vitamins.
Some tips to help get your meat extra juicy and delicious are:
- Marinate the meat. Place it in a ziplock bag. Massage the marinade into the meat for a couple minutes then let it marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Bring it up to room temperature for 15-20 minutes before cooking.
- Let the meat rest for at least 5 minutes after cooking and before slicing.
I used my Big Green Egg to cook this, but you can use any grill you have. Or, you can enter to win your own Big Green Egg too (giveaway ends tomorrow, so enter quick!), sponsored by True Aussie Beef and Lamb. Make sure to scroll through and let them know that we sent you from Like Mother, Like Daughter and Good Luck!!
Balsamic Marinated Flank Steak
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- 1 TBS dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 lbs Australian flank steak
- Balsamic Vinegar Reduction
- Mix together your balsamic vinegar, garlic, oregano and salt in a gallon sized ziplock bag.
- Add your flank steak into the bag and sealing, removing all the air.
- Massage the marinade into your meat for about 2 minutes.
- Let marinate for about 45 minutes in the fridge.
- Remove from fridge and let rest on the counter for 15-20 minutes.
- Cook on a grill preheated to about 450 degrees.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes, flipping half way through.
- Let rest on a cutting board for 5 minutes.
- Slice across the grain as thick of pieces as you'd like.
- Serve with roasted veggies or potatoes.
Isadora Guidoni says
Looks great! Will give it a try over the weekend, for sure. Thanks for sharing!