Make your furry family member their own treat of peanut butter and banana to enjoy in these doggie treats.
Last night I was home alone during the evening because Nate was working late. I wanted to make something, but I knew we already had enough treats around our house that I didn’t need to whip up any cookies, or brownies or anything like that. Well, since I was still in the mood to make something anyway, I decided to make some homemade dog treats!
It may seem silly to you to make homemade dog treats, but Aspen is like a member of our family, and sometimes he deserves treats as much as the rest of us. Right? I looked at a couple different recipes for dog treats, one here and one here and decided to alter them both a little to make my own.
One of Aspen’s favorite things is peanut butter, and we also had an old over ripe banana, so I thought… banana peanut butter would be the perfect combination! All the ingredients in these dog treats are human safe so you’re welcome to try one, if you’d like 😉 and they should be safe for your dog too! But be sure to check with your veterinarian to check on any allergies or food aversions your dog might have. I decided to avoid milk or cheese in this recipe because Aspen doesn’t usually react well to dairy.
Although, its hard to judge cause Aspen likes to eat almost anything… he loved these treats! He was watching me in the kitchen while I was preparing them, and even drooling a little while they were baking. So you can bet he was happy when I finally let him eat one, okay maybe a few.
Banana Peanut Butter Dog Treats
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup banana (1 small banana)
- 1 TBS honey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine peanut butter and banana together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the honey and eggs and stir till mixed.
- Dump in the dry ingredients and mix everything together.
- Press the dough out onto a lightly floured surface to be about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut dough into cookies with cookie cutters.
- Place dog treats on a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray or with a silicone liner. They can be placed very close together, they won't spread very much.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Flip each of the dog treats over and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Allow treats to cool completely before giving them to your pup.
Let your special furry friend enjoy these delicious dog treats!