A delicious budget friendly summer meal can be made with this simple bbq ranch chicken sandwich.
**This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RollIntoSavings #CollectiveBias
My first year at college, I lived in the dorms. Our dorm room was small with 2 built in closets and desks, a sink and two twin beds. We didn’t have our own bathroom, only a community one down the hall and we didn’t have our own kitchens either. Because cooking wasn’t really an option, I was given a meal plan where I got a certain amount of money to eat on campus each day. I could either eat in the cafeteria, buy snacks at a store or vending machine, or eat at the food court or one of the many restaurants around campus. There were a few good options at the food court, and one my friends and I got often was Subway. One of my favorite sandwiches was the chicken bacon ranch sandwich, but I would also add BBQ sauce too.
Using some delicious Kraft products that I found at Walmart, I decided to make my own version of this sandwich at home.
I switched a few things up, by eliminating the bacon (this time) and adding avocado. But the base of this sandwich is delicious, and you can choose to add whichever sandwich toppings you prefer most.
I used Kraft BBQ Sauce, Kraft Ranch Dressing and Velveeta Cheese Slices because these items are on rollback #rollintosavings and helped me to save money on this meal without sacrificing the taste. This whole meal was less than $20 and that’s great because times always get tight before the 1st and the 15th of the month when payday comes around again. I also used some chicken, avocado, lettuce (home grown!) and ciabbatta rolls to make these tasty sandwiches.
BBQ Ranch Chicken Sandwich
- 3-4 large chicken breasts
- olive oil
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- ciabbatta rolls*
- 1 avocado
- Velveeta sliced cheese
- Kraft bbq sauce
- Kraft ranch dressing
- Coat your chicken breasts in olive oil and sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
- Grill your chicken breasts for a few minutes on each side until chicken is cooked through.
- Slice your chicken into small pieces.
- Place about 2 chicken pieces on each roll.
- Top with cheese. (You can toast your sandwich now if you want)
- Place 2 slices of avocado on top of your cheese.
- Drizzle with about 1 tbs of each bbq sauce and ranch dressing.
- Top with lettuce and close roll with top.
Enjoy this delicious sandwich with a side of salad, or other vegetable to make a great budget friendly meal.