We had these on the menu, and bought the beef for them (We used the same beef as we used for the gyros, and it worked perfectly for both). I didn’t really know how to season the beef, because I usually make chicken fajitas instead of beef. I just threw a few spices on, and it turned out great.
1/2 lb sliced beef
1/2 red pepper, sliced
1/2 yellow pepper, sliced
1/2 onion, sliced
1/2 TBS cumin
1/2 TBS chili powder
2 TBS salsa
salt (to taste)
1 1/2 TBS chopped garlic
2 TBS lemon juice
1. Mix together cumin, chili powder, salsa, salt, garlic and lemon juice
2. Put mix and meat in a pan. Cook a few minutes until meat has almost no red.
3. Add vegetables and cook for a couple minutes until meat and vegetables are tender.
4. Meanwhile, cook tortillas on a griddle, till they have a few brown spots on each side.
5. Top tortillas with some delicious beef, vegetables and your favorite toppings of cheese, sour cream or salsa.
** We tried uncooked tortillas a few months ago, and we haven’t been able to go back to regular tortillas ever since. They taste so much better, so fresh and warm. Yum!
Leave a Reply