This amazing berry salsa is only 5 ingredients for a simple, lighter dessert. Its sweetened with SPLENDA® Granulated and served with crunchy homemade cinnamon chips. This sweet salsa will be the hit of any party!
**I made this delicious berry fruit salsa and cinnamon chips using SPLENDA®Sweeteners as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars #SplendaSweeties #SweetSwaps. All opinions are my own.
I love sweet fruit salsa’s served with cinnamon chips and this berry salsa is no different. This berry salsa is full of fresh strawberries, blueberries and raspberries – and you could even throw in some blackberries or boysenberries or huckleberries too. Its so good contrasted with the crunchy homemade cinnamon chips, and is one of my favorite lighter sweet snacks/desserts.
Is anyone else excited for the big movie awards on Sunday? There have been some great movies this year and I can’t wait to see which one’s win! I love to try and watch all the nominees for best picture, though I’ve actually only seen 3 of them from last year – I guess I have a lot more movie watching coming up in my near future! Which movie do you think will win best picture? What was your favorite movie from last year?
While I sit down to watch the awards on Sunday, I’m going to curl up with a big bowl of this berry salsa and a pile of cinnamon chips. All you need to make the fruit salsa is fresh strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries, lime juice and SPLENDA® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener. I love that this sweet treat is only full of natural sugars and no calorie SPLENDA®.
I also made my own homemade cinnamon chips using ground cinnamon, more SPLENDA® Granulated, nonstick spray and sliced up flour tortillas. Bake them up in the oven for about 8 minutes until they are nice and crispy and they’re ready to dip in your tasty fruity salsa.
I even cut the tortillas into cute stars to represent the stars of the movies 🙂
Berry Salsa and Cinnamon Chips
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup diced strawberries
- 3/4 cup raspberries
- 1 TBS SPLENDA® Granulated
- 1/2 TBS lime juice
For the cinnamon chips:
- flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup SPLENDA® Granulated
- 1/2 TBS ground cinnamon
- Combine your blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, SPLENDA® and lime juice in a medium sized bowl.
- Stir to combine, smashing some of the berries to release the berry juices. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut tortillas into star shapes using a cookie cutter (or triangles are fine)
- Place on a cooking sheet. Spray with nonstick spray.
- Combine SPLENDA® and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle cinnamon mixture over the top of tortillas.
- Bake in oven for about 8 minutes until they start to turn golden on the edges and are crispy.
- Repeat with additional tortillas.
- Serve berry salsa and cinnamon chips together.