These biggest loser pancakes are only a few ingredients, and so much healthier than traditional pancakes! Great for breakfast or dinner!
Nate and I have been trying to eat a little healthier, and so when I saw these Biggest Loser Pancakaes on my friend Jessica’s blog I just knew I had to try them. And they did not disappoint. I love pancakes and I love having breakfast for dinner, so these pancakes are a great healthier option!
When I first saw the ingredient list I was a little skeptical, I mean, egg whites, oats, cottage cheese? But they were great! They were a little different texture than typical pancakes, a little more dense and less fluffy but still delicious.
So basically these pancakes are made by throwing a few ingredients into the blender, and its almost all healthy. You’ll need cottage cheese (I used fat free), rolled oats, egg whites, vanilla, cinnamon, and a little sugar. Blend it up till smooth and pour onto a greased griddle.
I topped mine with fresh peaches, and pure maple syrup!
Here’s the yummy recipe – aren’t you ready to just take a bite?!
Biggest Loser Pancakes
- 6 egg whites
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pam spray
- Dump all your ingredients into a blender and blend together until smooth.
- Spray a griddle or skillet with Pam nonstick spray (I like Pam Original)
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto your griddle.
- Flip after about 2 minutes when pancake tops start to bubble.
- Cook additional side for another minute or two.
- Serve immediately topped with your choice of fresh fruit, maple syrup, honey or a little powdered sugar.
This recipe makes about 9 pancakes, 3 servings worth.
PAM Cooking Spray sponsored this blog post. The opinions and text are all mine.