I love cheese, but after a few experiences I have learned that I am not really a fan of what I would call “strong cheeses”. Bleu cheese. Goat cheese. Gouda. You name it, I don’t really like it. But I’m always willing to give everything a chance. One chance.
So, my point is, if you don’t like brie, then just leave it out because the recipe is great without it, and if you do like brie, then put it in because the recipe is probably great with it too.
2 1/2 lbs brisket
1 1/2 TBS garlic
1 TBS salt
1 tsp pepper
1 TBS chili powder
1/2 TBS mesquite seasoning
3 cups cola
Mango Peach Sauce
1/2 large onion, diced (1 cup)
1 TBS olive oil
1/2 TBS garlic
1/2 cup ketchup
2 TBS lemon juice
1 1/2 TBS worchestershire sauce
1 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 cup mango peach salsa
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
Brie cheese (optional)
1. Heat a large sauce pan to medium high heat.
2. Rub the brisket down with salt, pepper, mesquite seasoning and garlic.
3. Brown each side of the brisket.
4. Place browned meat (and any garlic or seasonings that fell into the pan) in the crock pot.
5. Add chili powder and cola to the crock pot.
6. Cook on low for about 8 hours (or high for 5)
7. Remove from crock pot, and let meat stand for 15 minutes.
8. Meanwhile make the Mango Peach Sauce.
9. Saute the diced onion in olive oil over medium high for about 5 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
10. Add the garlic and cook until golden (maybe 2-3 minutes). Stirring often.
11. Reduce the heat, add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes.
12. Blend sauce in a food processor or magic bullet until smooth.
13. Trim the fat and cut brisket meat against the grain.
14. Preheat a griddle or large pan to medium heat.
15. Assemble quesadillas by placing one tortilla, meat, mango peach sauce, cheddar, brie and topped with another tortilla.
16. Place on griddle or pan and cook until tortilla is crispy and cheese is melting. Flip. Cook until cheese is completely melted.
17. Remove from heat and cut into 8ths. Serve with sour cream or extra sauce on the side.
Leave a Reply