These candy marshmallow popcorn balls are full of good old fashioned marshmallow popcorn balls, and chopped candy bars. Perfect for a sweet treat!
**This post is sponsored by the Peanuts Movie as part of a campaign with Tap Influence. All opinions are my own. #ad #Albertsons #peanutsmovie
One of my favorite things in the whole world is doing anything with my granddaughter. Truly anything, just seeing her and being with her brings me so much joy. She really is full of life and happiness. And she finds excitement in being with her grandparents. Z really loves to do anything we are doing. If grandpa is fixing the doorknobs than she wants to help fix the doorknobs. If we are outside weeding, she wants to weed. If I am cooking then she wants to cook with me.
Pin these candy marshmallow popcorn balls for later!
I love that! I love that, especially since I have a food blog and she can be my little sidekick on preparing food. Mostly recently she and I made candy marshmallow popcorn balls. It was awesome. Z liked it all the way up to the point of forming the popcorn balls then the sticky marshmallow was just a bit too much for her. She liked the measuring, the stirring, and the dumping but the forming of balls made for sticky hands and that is one of her least favorite things. I even tried spraying her hands with cooking spray, it helped a little but than her hands were covered with cooking spray and she didn’t particularly like that either. The other secret is damping your hands with a little water, that helps prevent stickiness on hands in forming these candy marshmallow popcorn balls too.
But the one thing I will tell you she did enjoy eating the popcorn balls.
Who wouldn’t want to with marshmallow coating, chopped Nestle Babe Ruth and Butterfingers, and Pop-Secret Kettle Corn Popcorn!?! All that yumminess together. And the other great thing is I was able to pick up everything from my neighborhood Albertsons. Plus the bonus of a free with purchase (as long as supplies last) Peanuts Movie Trick or Treat bag. Perfect for Halloween night, which would be another fun activity with the granddaughter.
You know the Peanuts Movie right!?! (Coming to your local theater on November 6th.) All your favorite characters; like Charlie Brown – always rooting for him, Lucy – she drove me crazy, Linus – may have had a silly little girl crush on him, PigPen – always felt sorry for him, Snoopy and Woodstock – those two were my favorite. I was Snoopy obsessed as a young girl. I would buy all kinds of Snoopy trinkets, I remember my older brother even bought me a Snoopy and Woodstock candle for Christmas one year. That was a treasure for a long time.
And now I get to enjoy one more thing, a real treat from my own childhood, with Z. We can see the Peanuts Movie together. Another real treat sharing something that is as classic as Peanuts with my granddaughter. Just another joyful experience of life. Too bad I don’t still have that candle.
Candy Marshmallow Popcorn Balls
- 12 cups popped kettle corn (unpopped kernels removed)
- 10 oz mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter
- 8 fun sized Babe Ruth bars
- 8 fun sized Butterfingers bars
- In a large bowl add your popped kettle corn
- In a large sauce pan melt over medium heat the butter
- Add the mini marshmallows to the butter, stirring constantly until the marshmallows are completely melted
- Pour over the popped kettle corn, using a rubber spatula to get the last drop
- Gently fold melted marshmallows with the popped kettle corn until all the popcorn is coated
- Let cool slightly
- While popcorn is cooling, cut each fun sized candy bar in fourths across and then in half so that each fun sized candy bar is now in 8 pieces
- Gently stir candy bars pieces and crumbs into the popped corn until all candy bars are mixed in
- Either lightly spray cooking spray on your hands or wet with cold water
- Form popcorn into softball sized balls pressing gently together to hold together, place on parchment paper
- Once cooled store each ball in a Ziploc bag or eat right away
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Safeway. The opinions and text are all mine.
Leave a Reply