These popsicles are a dream. I mean chocolate + cherries + cheesecake (that totally) = perfection (in my book)
I was inspired to make these popsicles when I saw this strawberry version from Food Doodles. I didn’t have strawberries on hand, but I did have cherries. I think this would taste great with strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries too. But I chose cherries.
I used to go through phases with cherries. I would like them and then I wouldn’t have them for a while and so when I was offered them I wouldn’t eat them because they didn’t sound good. Now I just love them.
When Nate and I went on a trip to the greater Seattle area last year we fell in love with Rainer cherries. For this recipe I used regular red cherries. But just know that Rainer cherries are my favorite.
Chocolate Covered Cherry Cheesecake Popsicles
8 oz low fat cream cheese
1/2 cup fat free vanilla yogurt
6 TBS sugar (1/4 cup +2 TBS)
1 TBS lemon juice
For the cherries:
1 cup cherries, chopped
2 TBS sugar
For the graham cracker crust:
4 graham cracker cookies
2 TBS butter, melted
2 TBS sugar
1. Beat your cream cheese in a medium sized bowl until it is soft and whipped.
2. Add your yogurt to the cream cheese mixture while stirring.
3. Add the sugar and lemon juice to the mixture and set aside.
4. Combine your cherries with the 2 TBS sugar in a small bowl. Mash them together with a potato masher or a fork.
5. Mix cherries and cherry juice in with your cream cheese mixture.
6. Pour evenly into popsicle molds (should fill 6 molds). Set aside.
7. Pulse graham crackers in a food processor until crumbs.
8. Combine graham cracker crumbs with butter and 2 TBS sugar. Mix together well.
9. Top each popsicle with graham cracker crust.
10. Put popsicle sticks into the popsicle and freeze.
11. Freeze popsicles until solid.
12. Remove popsicles from freezer (use warm water on the outside of the mold to loosen if necessary)
13. Dip in magic shell and allow chocolate shell to harden.
14. Eat immediate, or wrap in plastic wrap to return to freezer.
Carrie @ Frugal Foodie Mama says
These look yummy! I just bought a popsicle mold while on vacation, so I am going to have to try these soon. 😉
Thank you for sharing at Marvelous Mondays this week!
Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later! says
I still think it’s funny you forgot to add pictures to this one at first…hahaha. Looks yummy! Thanks for linking up to Sweet & Savory Saturdays #22
~Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later!