One of my favorite kind of cookies are rolo cookies even though I’ve only actually made them once or twice. The chocolate cookie is so easy to make but once you take a bite and get a taste of the caramel middle you’ll never want to turn back. I absolutely love rolos, and I’ve bought them a couple more time to try to make these cookies, but they made it into my mouth too quickly to make it into the cookie middle.
When a couple of our friends invited us over to a hot chocolate party, they told us to bring a dessert. I asked Nate if I could make rolo cookies, and he said, why don’t we make something Christmasy. So instead we decided upon these cookies, rolo cookies, except not with rolos in the center. Instead the center is a delicious peppermint or mint truffle kiss. And for me, mint is the perfect Christmas flavor.
1 box devil’s food cake
1/3 cup vegetable oil
mint truffle kisses
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil in a medium sized mixing bowl.
3. Unwrap kisses.
4. Cover each kiss in a little chocolate cookie dough and roll in a ball.
5. Roll each ball in sugar.
6. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray.
7. Place cookies on cookie sheet.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 9 mins.
9. Cool for a couple of minutes on baking sheet and then move to a wire cooling rack.