Chunky Monkey Smoothie Bowl takes your favorite flavor combination of chocolate, peanut butter, and banana to a new level, topping it all off with assorted fruits and granola or nuts or chia seeds. The result is your answer to how you can have chocolate for breakfast.
I love the flavor combination of chocolate, peanut butter, and banana – otherwise known as chunky monkey. But there is no funny monkey business with this chunky monkey smoothie bowl, it is just plain good.
Sometimes you just want chocolate for breakfast! Pairing it with peanut butter and bananas into a smoothie bowl just makes sense, removes any guilt – if there was any, and is a very satisfying delicious, dare I say it – even good for you breakfast. They say chocolate has antioxidants; it certainly has pick me up, feel good endorphins. Peanut butter packs in some protein and bananas are loaded with potassium. Topping this chunky monkey smoothie bowl off with fresh fruits – I enjoyed blackberries, mangos, and more bananas as my toppings – certainly raises the healthy bar a little more. Good for you granola and chia seeds toppings is another bonus.
I am not a nutritionist and truly don’t know all the health benefits from foods but this I know; Craig and I really lapped up our chunky monkey smoothie bowl. It was filling and delicious, it was easy and quick, and it was exactly what we wanted with our taste buds shouting “we want chocolate” for breakfast.
So let’s not monkey around anymore and head right to the recipe.
Chunky Monkey Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 TBS honey
- 2 TBS peanut butter
- 2 TBS chocolate milk mix
- 2 frozen bananas
Assorted Topping Options:
- chia seeds
- In a blender add the almond milk, yogurt, honey, peanut butter, chocolate milk mix, and bananas.
- Be sure to add the soft stuff first and the frozen stuff last to make it easier on your blender.
- Blend until smooth about 2 minutes - give or take - depending on your blender.
- If you want it thicker add more bananas or use less milk.
- Pour into 2 bowls equally
- Topping with assorted toppings