I promised you this recipe. Two weeks ago I went to my Relief Society “Super Saturday”, it was a lot of fun. One of my favorite things I took home from the event was this recipe for cilantro mayonnaise, it was delicious. It was fresh and different. I enjoyed it on fresh-baked bread and on sandwiches. I have a thought for using it in a wrap, what do you think?
First, I made my own mayonnaise (this was my very first time to do this) – I have only had the cilantro mayo with fresh homemade mayo but it might be just as refreshing with store-bought mayo, I don’t know though. Try it either way.
If you have an emulsion blender use it. If not, a regular blender will work but seems to take a little more effort and time. My directions will be for a regular blender.
1. Place egg yolks in blender and pulse a few times.
2. Add all additional ingredients minus the oil. Pulse a few times until you feel it is blended.
3. Pour your oils in a slow stream through the feed tube while blending. It really only takes about a minute. Stop once you feel it is fully blended, you may need to scrape down the sides of the blender.
4. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This makes around 1 to 1 1/2 cups of mayo.
Now that you have your fresh mayo, you are ready to make your cilantro mayo.
3/4 cup mayo
3/4 cup cilantro
1 Tbsp lime juice
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 garlic clove (minced)
1. Add all ingredients into a blender (or you can use an emulsion blender)
2. Pulse until all ingredients are incorporated
3. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
4. Enjoy on bread, sandwiches, wraps, crackers, etc.