After making our new recipe index with a page for each category, I realized (even more than I knew already) that the recipes I make are a little lopsided for certain categories. A lot of desserts and a lot of chicken.
Although this recipe could technically be considered a dessert (and I ate it like one) its would also make a delicious breakfast piece, whether as the main course of breakfast or part of a large breakfast celebration or brunch.
The cream cheese inside this danish isn’t too sweet, but if you top these with a little powdered sugar and berries like I did then its the perfect amount of sweetness, also with a good balance of tartness from the berries.
Another great thing about this recipe is that it is so easy. It is literally only 5 steps and only takes about 15 minutes to whip together, so its perfect for an early morning breakfast.
Cream Cheese Danish
8 oz cream cheese **
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 tubes crescent rolls
optional: powdered sugar and mixed berries
** I used fat free cream cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla in a medium sized bowl.
3. Press two crescent rolls together on the long seam to make a square.
4. Spoon cream cheese evenly between each square.
5. Bring opposite corners together and pinch together to seal.
6. Place on nonstick baking sheet and bake for about 12 minutes until dough turns a light golden brown
Enjoy sprinkled with powdered sugar and topped with berries.