Creamy asparagus spring soup put together with the freshest of spring vegetables; with asparagus, peas, celery, and mint.
I love spring! Don’t you love spring? Spring brings a renewal of life and spring brings fresh spring vegetables. Fresh spring vegetables that I piled together into this spring soup.
My creamy spring soup has fresh peas, fresh asparagus, fresh garlic, fresh celery, and fresh onions with a little fresh mint. All that freshness together for a delicious warm soup that is perfect for spring.
This creamy asparagus soup is really quite easy to bring together. It requires a little chopped and dicing beforehand of the garlic, onion, celery, and asparagus. Plus you are going to pop those fresh peas right out of their pods, while you are at it don’t hesitate to pop a few into your mouth for a burst of spring for your taste buds.
Everything is sauteed and simmered together, then an addition of a little blender pulsing for a creamy, refreshing, delicious spring soup.
Let’s get cooking because I bet you can’t wait to slurp your way through this spring soup.
Creamy Asparagus Spring Soup
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- 1 small white onion – chopped
- 1 stalk celery – diced
- 5 stalks asparagus – chopped
- 2 cups fresh peas
- 2 tsp chicken or vegetable bouillon
- 2 cups water
- 1 ½ to 2 cups milk
- 1 to 2 sprigs fresh mint – snipped or torn
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan
- Add the chopped onion and saute for a couple of minutes
- Add the celery and asparagus and saute for an additional 2 minutes
- Add the minced garlic and saute another minute
- Pour in the water and milk, stir
- Sprinkle in the bouillon and stir
- Add the peas and mint, stir in
- Bring to a boil, reduce the temperature, and let simmer until the peas are tender
- Remove from heat and cool for a minute or two
- Scoop 1 cup into a blender and pulse until mostly smooth, pour into another bowl or pot
- Continue in this manner until all the soup has been blended
- (Blender tip – only pulse 1 cup at a time or the hot soup will explode in the blender; put the blender lid on tight but loosen the clear air “pour” vent slightly so the steam can escape)
- Once all the soup is blended smooth, reheat for a minute or two
You just might want to top your spring soup with some fresh homemade croutons, a dash of pepper or two, and some fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
Leave a Reply