I have been enjoying going through old recipe posts and remaking them. I have been remaking them so that I can take new pictures, but the ones I have remade first are the ones I remember loving the most the first time I made them.
As a food blogger, I don’t often make the same meals twice, unless its one of our few family favorites (chicken fajitas, chicken enchiladas or spaghetti) so you know something is really good if I decide that its worth going back and making again for new pictures (well, if it wasn’t we probably wouldn’t post the recipe in the first place!)
A couple of weeks ago I decided to remake my Creamy Tomato Pasta Sauce and it turned out as delicious as I remembered. I tweaked it a little based on ingredients I had on hand and how I wanted it to taste, and so now this is the new and improved version. I think it tastes delicious with the squash and chicken, of course you could leave those both out. But I like adding vegetables to my pasta, and I like adding the crunchy baked chicken for some texture variation. This turned out perfect and I think you will love it as well.
Creamy Tomato Pasta with Squash and Chicken
1 TBS garlic
1/2 small yellow onion, diced
16 oz tomato sauce
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
3/4 cup half and half
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 TBS basil
1 TBS oregano
1/2 tsp salt
12 oz pasta of choice
8 strips breaded chicken strips
1 zucchini squash
1 yellow squash
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Saute garlic and onions in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Allow garlic to become fragrant.
3. Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, half and half, parmesan, basil, oregano and salt to onions and mix well. Allow to simmer while pasta, chicken and squash are cooking.
4. Cook chicken strips according to package directions.
5. Slice zucchini and yellow squash and steam for 5 minutes.
6. Rinse of cooked pasta noodles.
7. Top pasta with creamy sauce, chicken strip and squash.
Enjoy this creamy pasta dish that will easily become one of your family favorites!
Serves 6-8 people