A cute and easy DIY decorated mason jars for a porch greeting or simple flower vase.
At a recent “Super Saturday” I made these adorable DIY – decorated mason jars. They were so easy and took no artistic skill, which makes me qualified to make them.
This “Super Saturday” was sponsored by the Relief Society in my church. Relief Society is awesome because it is a sisterhood with a purpose to support, love, and give to each other. Part of our giving is to teach; teach spirituality, teach normal things like cooking and sewing, teach charity, and teach fun things like crafts. At this “Super Saturday”, I learned a couple of new crafts, one sewing project, and several new recipes. Today, I am sharing the DIY – decorated mason jars craft that I made. DIY are recipes, just a different kinds of recipe for something that is not eaten.
DIY – decorated mason jars
- 3 one pint mason jars
- 3 tea lights
- circle stickers*
- 3 - 2 feet lengths of wire cut
- silver frosted spray paint
- wire cutters or pliers
- Place your stickers scattered on your jars. Wherever you place a sticker this will be a clear dot. You determine how close or how many you use.
- Take your wire and wrap it around the neck of your jar. Twist to tie off one end. Take the wire and make a loop to hang from, send the end of this wire through the wrapped wire around the neck and twist to tie it off. If you have extra wire, cut it off with your cutters.
- Take your jars outside and spray gently with the frosted spray paint, covering the entire jar. Do this with a sweeping motion.
- Let paint dry.
- Remove stickers carefully.
For TEA LIGHTS LANTERNS
Add tea lights inside the jars. If you want to add a little color take strips of material about 12 inches long and 1 inch wide and tie bows at the wire ends. Hang and light in the evenings.
or use as WELCOMING DECORATIONS
Add a little water to each jar and then put fresh cut flowers and herbs in each jar acting as a cute vase.
Lolly Jane says
Check you out getting your DIY on! LOVE this!! Just pinned. Would be super cute to display all summer long (: xo
Ellen Garrett says
It’s so easy too.
Sandi Berrett says
Love this idea! Totally going to do this when I get back to VA:)