A couple weeks ago we had a really fun activity for church. And since we are new in the area I told Nate that we had to go so that we could get to know some more people in our area. So the activity was called a progressive dinner. But basically we split up and had dinner at a few different houses (with 8 to 12 people at each home) and then every one met up at the church for dessert of chocolate fondue. So each couple was asked to bring something to help out with dinner; chips, a side, a salad, etc. I was asked to bring a salad, but I wasn’t sure what everyone else was bringing and I didn’t want to have 2 green salads, so I decide instead to make a fruit salad. Which besides taking the time to cut the fruit, is the easiest salad possible (unless you bring a salad in a bag).
A great thing about fruit salad is that you can make it with whatever fruits you like, or are in season. My favorites are the basics. Apples, oranges, bananas and I decided to splurge and add strawberries this time as well. I think these are a good mix because the apples add a nice crunch to the texture, but bananas are my favorite in fruit salad.
1 (16oz) package of strawberries
1 cup vanilla yogurt
1. Cut and core apple into 8ths. Cut each slice into 3 or 4 bite sized pieces.
2. Peel orange and separate into pieces. Cut each slice into 3 bite sized pieces.
3. Peel and slice each banana into 1/3 inch pieces. Roll pieces in any juice left from the oranges to prevent browning.
4. Remove the leaves from each strawberry and cut into 2 to 4 pieces depending on size.
5. Mix all fruits together in a large bowl. Add yogurt and stir.