These egg and shredded hash brown nests will be the perfect addition to your Easter brunch.
**I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. All opinions are 100% my own.
Just over a week till Easter, are you guys ready? Without any kids at home our Easters are pretty laid back, but with just the two of us we still like to dye hard boiled eggs and we even took turns hiding candy and Easter eggs for each other last year.
This year I want to make Easter a little more special. We don’t have church until 11, so that gives me just enough time to whip up a lovely Easter brunch before we head to church. These egg and shredded hash brown nests will be the perfect addition to my Easter brunch. Although these are filling and delicious enough you could probably just eat two or three of these nests, but for Easter we want to go all out, right? So you should make a little fried ham, or bacon, or sausage, and some pancakes to go along side them too – okay?
These scrumptious egg and hash brown nests were so easy to throw together thanks to the help of Ore-Ida Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes.
I will let you know, I thought they’d be in the aisle with the other frozen breakfast things at Walmart, but silly me they were in the aisle with the other potato things, like tator-tots and french fries.
But seriously, these are so easy to make, although just barely time consuming because they bake twice. But just grab some Ore-Ida Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes and Eggs at Walmart and you’ll probably have everything else good to go. There are two ways to make these, either with a scrambled egg mixture (so you’ll need bacon and onion too) or just with a fried egg instead.
Anyway, here are the instructions:
Scrambled Egg and Hash Brown Nests
- 3 1/2 cups Ore-Ida shredded hash browns
- 1 TBS milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced cooked bacon
- chives (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Rinse your shredded hash browns with water so they aren't frozen in chunks. Drain.
- Mix your shredded hash browns with milk and salt and pepper.
- Liberally spray your muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Dump 1/4 cup of hash browns into each muffin spot.
- Press shredded hash browns up a long the sides creating a bowl or nest with them.
- Place pan in preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together eggs, onion and bacon.* (if doing fried egg version stop here and just crack an egg into each nest like in the next step without mixing or onion and bacon)
- When hash browns are done cooking pour about 1/4 cup of scrambled egg mixture into each hash brown nest. **(fried egg version continue the same from here to the end)
- Sprinkle with chives and a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for about 12 minutes until eggs and thoroughly cooked.
Enjoy these delicious egg and hash brown nests as part of your upcoming Easter brunch!