Amazing festive funfetti Christmas cupcakes made with a boxed cake mix, m&ms and more! For an adorable festive cupcake!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeintheFun #CollectiveBias
One of my favorite things about the holidays is baking. And it is especially fun to bake with my family; we work together, laugh together, and eat our treats together. We can have a baking and decorating party. I had a great idea to bake festive Funfetti® cupcakes and if you have your own great ideas take the time to enter the Bake in the Fun Sweepstakes in hopes to win a Kitchen Aid Mixer.
Now part of my responsibility before the baking and decorating party is to gather the supplies and ingredients. And because I was making festive Funfetti® Cupcakes, Walmart was a great store for all that.
I found every single one of the ingredients I needed there: M&M’s® White Peppermint, M&M’s® Holiday Milk Chocolate, Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Cake Mix, Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Vanilla Flavored Frosting, and Great Value Milk. Have you tried the M&M’s® White Peppermint candies? they are so peppermintly, I loved them.
Once everything was purchased and gathered we were ready to start the mixing, combining, pouring, and baking. And our family decided it would be really fun to drop those M&M’s® White Peppermint candies right into the cupcake batter, you know because the red and white added to the red and green of the Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Cake Mix to make the most festive Funfetti® cupcakes. But we took it even one step further for more festiveness and that was decorating with Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Vanilla Flavored Frosting and M&M’s® Holiday Milk Chocolate. So much fun with all that green frosting, Funfetti® sprinkles, and green and red M&M’s® candy.
Festive Funfetti Cupcakes
- 1 box Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Cake Mix
- 1 can Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- 8 oz bag M&M's® White Peppermint
- 1/2 cup M&M's® Holiday Milk Chocolate
- 1 cup Great Value Milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 24 cupcake liners
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line 2 muffin tins with 24 cupcake liners
- Prepare the cake mix according to the directions, substituting milk for the water
- Gently add the M&M's® White Peppermint into the cake batter
- Fill each cupcake liner about 2/3 full
- Bake for 19 to 23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Remove from oven and let cool
- Once cool, spread the frosting over each cupcake or using a piping bag and decorative tip and decorate each cupcake squeezing the frosting on top of the cupcake (use you can use store bought frosting in piping bags)
- Sprinkle with the Funfetti® and M&M's® Holiday Milk Chocolate over the top of each cupcake
We had so much fun together but the best part was eating those festive Funfetti® cupcakes, and especially enjoying them with a nice cold glass of Great Value Milk. Boy, was that the best, eating them. We felt really lucky too because we had all those good treats and that nourishing milk. There are a lot of families out there that aren’t as lucky as we are and that is why Walmart is partnering with Feeding America in the Great American Milk Drive. Milk is so important in providing the nutrients of potassium, calcium and vitamin D. But one in six children rely on getting their food from food banks and milk is rarely donated at food banks. With the Great American Milk Drive and your donations to pourmilklove.com they will be able to provide a gallon of milk to a family in need in your very own community. Plus for every 2 bags (9.5 or larger) of M&M’s® you purchase at Walmart they will donate a gallon of milk.
What is your favorite fun holiday recipe?