**This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™ and Wet-Nap but all opinions are my own. #pmedia #showusyourmess https://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV”
The weather here in Utah is finally warming up – and I think it might even be here to stay! Once the weather gets nice we like to eat outside as much as possible – whether that means grilling in our own back yard, simply eating our meals outside or packing up a picnic and taking it to the park – anyway you have it, I love it!
Now to help you out a little, I’ve compiled a few tips and tricks to having a successful picnic.
1. Picking the right spot – the first and foremost thing you need to think about is picking a good location. The great thing about picnics is they can be held anywhere – even your own back yard! But some other good options are heading to your local park, heading to the beach, driving up the canyon to the mountains (it all depends a little on where you live). But some other things to think about with your location are – do they have a table for you to use (see #2), do they have bathrooms, will it be crowed, will there be bugs, etc.
2. Bring a blanket or table cloth – I love a good ol’ fashioned picnic where we can just throw down a blanket or two and sit on the grass/ground. But some people might not be as comfortable on the ground, so think about bringing chairs for them, or if your location has some tables then you can just spread out a table cloth and call it good. I made myself a jean blanket from a bunch of our jeans when they no longer fit or got to worn out and it is the perfect picnic blanket.
3. Choosing the right food – When thinking about what food to bring on your picnic you need to think about who is coming to your picnic. Make sure to comply to any of your guests food allergies especially, but even thinking about their likes and dislikes is nice too. You also want to bring food that will transport well, if you’re going a long way to your location think about having food that travels well. Do you need to bring a cooler to keep some things cold, like pasta salad, or cheese on your sandwiches, or drinks? My favorite food to bring on a picnic is just the simple/basic stuff, pre-make up some sandwiches, whether that’s turkey and cheese or peanut butter and jelly. I like to grab a bag or two of chips too. And then some easy to eat fruits and vegetables to keep the meal well rounded – bringing along watermelon just screams summer and picnic to me (make sure to cut it up at home). Don’t forget to bring a long some homemade cookies or brownies or something else sweet to end your meal with.
4. Bring along your Wet-Naps – Picnics, especially if you’re bringing along kids, are messy. Whether its the watermelon juice dripping down your arms, chip crumbs on your finger tips, peanut butter smeared across your face, or you’ve stayed late and roasted s’mores over a fire (we all know s’mores are delicious, but that gooey marshmallow is just bound to get all over your face and hands); you are going to need something to wipe your hands and face clean. Wet-Naps are the perfect solution. They are perfect to toss into your picnic basket, they wipe up the mess easily and my favorite part was that the citrus scented Wet-Naps smell like an orange julius!
5. Remember to have fun – Most of all, remember that this is a great time for you to enjoy time with your family and friends! Of course you want everything else to go smoothly as well, but even if the ants go marching one by one across your blanket or you get a little sand in your sandwich, the most important part is you are having a good time, being outside, and spending time with people you love.
And be sure to head to your local Walmart to pick up your Wet-Naps, and they even have a coupon you can use right now for .55 cents off any Wet-Nap Product! At my local Walmart the product was found near the baby wipes, not near the cleaning supplies like I expected, just fyi.
Also, Wet-Nap is running a contest right now called the Most Original Mess Contest. Upload a picture of your messy child and share the link across your social media. The photo with the most votes wins $1,000 gift card to Walmart and a year’s supple of Wet-Naps. Voting ends on June 16. Find out more info here.
Sounds like a great idea! I’m going to try to go on a picnic this week!
Jessica Cox says
Ok, It’s definitely time for a family picnic!