Garden fresh tomatoes and herbs for an amazing pasta that calms and refreshes your life or at least your meal.
Some days it seems nothing goes right, life is a bit awry. Like today; first off my computer wouldn’t turn on. Attempt after attempt just kept producing a black screen. Finally a little life sparked in it allowing me to let it self doctor and finally fix itself. All while I had a baking fiasco making a blueberry pecan pull apart bread that became an explosion in my oven. And then the home improvement project seemed more like a home destruction project. A little panic started to settle in.
But a step backwards stopped that. The step was to do something I knew how to do, a phone call to a friend, that made a great start over to the day. And turning on the air conditioner so I could breathe in the muggy air. Then I could go forward. The computer decided it was going to be okay, the bread was cleaned up and tossed, and the home improvement project, well, it just is waiting for another day.
But I didn’t need to wait much to prepare this fresh from the garden pasta using just picked tomatoes and snipped herbs. Sometimes eating a meal that you can say “I grew that” is just what makes a rough start turn into a smooth and calm evening. Garden fresh tomatoes and herbs pasta nudged my heart to one of happiness. I could sit down to the table, slow down, eat my garden fresh tomatoes and herbs pasta, and know my cares were minor. Because you know when you grew it yourself, life goes right.
Garden Fresh Tomatoes and Herbs Pasta
- 6 to 7 Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 small yellow onion
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves
- 4 to 5 fresh basil leaves
- 4 to 5 fresh sprigs oregano
- 3 to 4 fresh sprigs thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 pappardelle nest pasta
- 1 TBS olive oil
- Bring water to a boil and add pappardelle nest pasta and cook as directed on package (drain when finished cooking)
- While pasta is cooking prepare your fresh tomatoes and herbs
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat
- Chop the onion
- Mince the garlic cloves
- Dice the tomatoes
- Mince the herbs
- Add the onion and garlic cloves to the olive oil and cook until tender and opaque
- Add the tomatoes and herbs and let simmer until the pasta is finished
- Gently lay a Pappardelle nest pasta on each plate and divide the fresh tomatoes and herb sauce evenly spooning over each pasta plate
- Serve with Parmesan cheese
How do you handle the awry day?
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction says
Love homemade pasta sauce! The fresh flavors are worth the effort!
Ellen Garrett says
I totally agree with you, homemade with all that freshness is the best. Let me know what you think.