This giant spiderweb cookie cake is the perfect Halloween dessert! It’s a giant chocolate chip cookie, decorated to look like a spider web. It’s so fun for kids and adults alike!
This spiderweb cookie is the perfect dessert for a Halloween party! It’s a giant chocolate chip cookie baked in a cake pan and decorated to look like a spider web, and it’s the perfect dessert for a crowd!
With Halloween only about a month away, we’ve got a lot more Halloween treats coming your way, and have already shared a couple others in the last week. Did you see our cute and delicious Witch Hat Cookies and our Monster Cookie Sandwiches ?! This spiderweb cookie cake is another great one to add to the mix. It’s easy to make, and only takes a couple minutes to decorate and make this giant cookie look like a cute spiderweb. Because those are those only kind of spider webs we want to keep around 😉
This giant cookie cake is so easy to make using the same base recipe as our original chocolate chip cookie cake. But instead of filling it with chocolate chips and sprinkles, I filled mine with Halloween colored m&ms too. Then after baking up the cookie and cooling it off, you’ll decorate the top of the cookie with black frosting to make it look like a giant spider web. Top the cake with some fun playful plastic spiders. Allow the icing to set and your cute “cake” is ready to go.
How to decorate a spiderweb cookie cake?
You’ll bake up your giant chocolate chip cookie in a 9inch round pan and when the cookie has baked up and cooled you’re ready to decorate. You can use any black or chocolate frosting to draw the spider web onto the cookie, but I think a thin tip makes the best looking lines. I just bought a tube of pre-made cookie icing that I bought from the store. Starting in the middle draw 6 to 8 lines out from the middle to the outside of the cookie. Then you’ll draw the web onto the cookie connecting the lines to make it all come together and look like a giant spider web.
You can place plastic spiders on top of the cake for added effect, just make sure that everyone knows they aren’t edible, and take them off of any slices you serve to children.
This giant spiderweb cookie is the perfect thing to serve up at a Halloween party! It’s the adorable kind of Halloween treat that I love, and I hope you do too.
And did I mention this giant cookie is delicious too?! It’s really like a giant chocolate chip cookie and who can say no to that?! It’s soft in the middle, and chewy throughout, with slightly crispy edges. Everyone will be ready to gobble up a slice!
Looking for more cute Halloween Treats?
- Halloween Popcorn Balls
- Peanut Butter Spider Cookies
- Dirt Cupcakes
- Chocolate Covered Halloween Pretzels
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Giant Spiderweb Cookie Cake
- 3/4 cup butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup autumn colored m&ms
- black icing
- plastic spiders
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9in round cake pan with nonstick spray.
- Cream together your butter and sugars in a large bowl, for about 2 minutes, till light in color and smooth.
- Add in the egg and egg yolk and the vanilla and stir in to the creamed butter.
- In another bowl mix together your baking soda, salt and flour.
- Add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients and stir everything together till just combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips and m&ms and fold into the batter.
- Press the cookie dough into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18-24 minutes until the cookie is golden brown and baked throughout.
- Press some m&ms on top of the cookie to look nice.
- Allow to cool for in the pan. Loosen the sides with a knife and put cake onto a platter or serving dish.
- Starting in the middle draw 6 to 8 lines out from the middle to the outside of the cookie with the black icing.
- Connect the lines with the icing to make it look like a spider web.
- Top with plastic spiders.
- Slice and serve.