I saw this recipe on Our Best Bites and thought; hmmm…. that looks pretty good and then Friday afternoon, Craig and I went to Panera Bread. I had the Strawberry Poppy-seed Salad and thought I could eat this everyday and not be bored, it was so good. These two events hatched an idea and ta da, this recipe was born.
1 half head of Romaine lettuce (torn into bite size)
1 cup of baby spinach (torn into bite size)
1/2 orange pepper (diced) you could use any sweet pepper
1 green onion (diced) the green and white
1 Tbs cilantro (torn into little pieces)
1 handful of blueberries
1/2 large naval orange (separated and cut in half)
5 strawberries (sliced)
4 chicken tenderloins (grilled and seasoned with a little salt brushed with the vinaigrette)
1 recipe Citrus Vinaigrette
Citrus Vinaigrette Ingredients:
1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
1 1/2 tsp dry mustard
2 Tbs sugar
1/4 tsp Kosher salt
1/4 tsp sesame oil
1 Tbs red wine vinegar
2 Tbs rice vinegar
3/4 cup canola oil
1. Prepare dressing by mixing the first 7 ingredients in a blender. Mix until all is blended well.
2. Slowly pour oil in while blending until oil is well combined. Do this by pouring oil in the top of the blender very slowly either by cracking the lid slightly or removing the pour top piece. Be careful because it can splatter our while mixing.
3. Store in fridge until ready to use.
1.Add the first 8 ingredients into a salad bowl and toss lightly.
2. Serve on plate with grilled chicken (sliced) on top of salad.
3. Drizzle with citrus vinaigrette.
Serves 3 to 4 (depending on how much you want to eat)
You can make more and adjust for more just by adding more of everything proportional. (I bet that made a lot of sense)
I realize my picture does not show the grilled chicken sliced or the salad drizzled with the vinaigrette, but it was a picture for picture sake and not the meal and I wanted to be able to save the leftovers.