Taking your club sandwich to the next level with pesto, avocado, and grilling.
Happy National Sandwich Day!!!!!
Today is national sandwich day and I am sharing a grilled club sandwich for you just for fun. Well, maybe this isn’t an official club sandwich – which is sometimes called a clubhouse sandwich – but I think most of you envisioned what I was talking about when you read grilled club sandwich. You thought of a sandwich with different kinds of meat, cheese, condiments, and extras. Traditionally a club sandwich is chicken or turkey, ham, bacon, lettuce, tomato, cheese, and condiments with an extra slice of bread in between those amazing layers of goodness. Because a club sandwich includes so many ingredients it is a meal within itself.
This grilled club sandwich includes turkey, ham, cheese, avocado, and pesto spread. I think it is important to start with a really good bread and I have one for you to look forward to, oat flour bread. It is healthy, delicious, and easy. And my extra fun twist to this sandwich is to grill the club to melt the cheese and toast the bread. I think you are going to like this. Feel free to make it for your next lunch.
Grilled Club Sandwich
- 4 slices good bread
- 6 slices deli smoked turkey
- 6 slices deli ham
- 2 slices Monterrey Jack cheese
- 2 slices colby jack cheese
- 1 avocado (sliced thinly)
- 1 to 2 TBS pesto sauce
- 1 to 2 Tbs butter
- Heat your grill or panini pan
- Spread butter on the outside of all 4 slices of bread
- Layer cheese, turkey, avocado, ham, cheese on top of two slices of bread (you want your cheese on the outside to melt and stick to the bread)
- Spread pesto on the inside of 2 slices of bread
- Top your sandwich with the presto side on the inside
- Place on your grill or panini pan and close to toasted
- Remove once bread is toasted and cheese is melted
- Enjoy, makes enough for 2 sandwiches
Enjoy this delicious sandwich for lunch or dinner!
What is your favorite sandwich?