A refreshing cold drink of cherries, mint, and lemonade, perfect for a hot afternoon cool down.
I love a cold refreshing drink in the summer time. The days are hot and I just want to spend my time in the pool with a cool beverage by my side. My favorite cool drinks are types of lemonade – and this mint cherry limeade is no exception.
Nate helped me come up with this recipe based on a few ingredients we had around. A neighbor boy brought us a bag of cherries from their tree, and our herb garden has been growing like crazy this summer (about the only thing that actually is growing well) so we had lots of fresh mint growing.
And seriously this mint cherry limeade is the perfect drink. Its soooo refreshing and delicious and great for a summer day. And another good thing is its easy to make too with only a few ingredients.
Mint Cherry Limeade
- 1/2 cup cherries (pitted)
- 1/2 cup lime juice (this was 3 limes for me)
- 3 sprigs fresh mint
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 cups water (divided)
- Combine 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil and stir until sugar is dissolved. Put mint into the pot and squish a little with a spoon. Cover with a lid and set aside and allow to cool.
- Blend cherries in a blender or food processor with 1 cup of water until blended.
- In a pitcher pour simple syrup through a strainer. Add cherries, lime juice and additional 3 cups of water.
- Fill a cup with ice and pour limeade over the top.
Enjoy this refreshing drink on a hot summer day!
This sounds so incredibly refreshing!! Such a perfect summery drink 🙂
Aimee Berrett says
Thanks! Its my new favorite!