Nutella, goat cheese, and caramelized cinnamon for a real grown up grilled cheese sandwich.
Sometimes lunch can be really hard, not actually eating it – eating is never a problem, but deciding what to eat for lunch; especially if there are not any good leftovers. I often enjoy a really good leftover for lunch but lately I have been doing too good of a job making just the right amount of food for dinner, either that or we are eating more for dinner. On Monday, there were no leftovers and nothing seemed appealing. Then I remember making a peanut butter banana grilled sandwich and it was really good. This time around I decided to take it up a notch and put together this nutella, banana and grilled goat cheese sandwich with caramelized cinnamon sugar. This is not your child’s grilled cheese, this is truly a grownup grilled cheese. I hope you like it too.
Nutella Carmalized Grilled Goat Cheese Sandwich
- 2 slices good sandwich bread
- 1 - 2 TBS nutella
- 1 - 2 TBS goat cheese
- 1/2 banana (sliced thinly)
- 1 TBS brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 TBS butter
- Warm a medium saucepan on your stove top
- On 2 pieces of bread spread your nutella
- Spread your goat cheese over the nutella, this can take a little effort to work it in smoothly
- Place your sliced bananas over the goat cheese on 1 slice of bread
- Take the other slice of bread and place on top of the bananas
- Spread the outer side of the breads lightly with butter
- Place in sauce pan and let the butter melt
- Turn over and let the butter melt on this side too
- Mix 3 parts of brown sugar to 1 part of cinnamon (about 1 Tbs brown sugar)
- Sprinkle over the melted butter and flip to caramelize sugars (it just takes a few seconds)
- Sprinkle this side with the sugar and place down to caramelize also
- Remove and place on plate, let cool enough to eat without burning your mouth
Enjoy this “adult” grilled cheese sandwich!