These chocolate coconut macaroons are not only filled with our favorites of chocolate and coconut but they are paleo friendly too. Plus they are a great no cook, no bake treat.
Hi readers, we have another great guest poster visiting on the blog today. I am so happy to have Courtney from Fry Sauce & Grits to share this delicious AND healthy dessert recipe – Paleo Chocolate Coconut Macaroons. Yum!
Hello Like Mother, Like Daughter readers! My name is Courtney and I’m from the blog Fry Sauce & Grits. It’s an eclectic lifestyle blog where my two sisters and I inspire women to live a more beautiful life by bringing out their confidence with beauty, healthy living, fashion, interior design, and celebrating motherhood. I’m so excited to be guest posting while Aimee gets some much needed rest and relaxation from having her baby!
Chocolate Coconut Macaroons
- 1 cup coconut flakes (unsweetened)
- 2 TBSP cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup walnuts (finely chopped)
- 1/3 cup dates f(inely chopped)
- 2 TBSP agave nectar or honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 TBSP chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- In a medium bowl, mix coconut flakes with cocoa powder until coconut is completely covered with powder.
- Add walnuts and dates to a food processor and pulse until the mixture becomes finely chopped and sticky.
- Add coconut flakes and cocoa powder mixture, honey, cinnamon, vanilla, protein powder, salt, and coconut oil.
- Blend until mixture holds together when pressed.
- Form batter into round balls by hand, about 1 TBSP each.
- Freeze for two hours.
Nutritional Info: 183 calories, 13g Fat, 16g Carbs, 5g Fiber, 3g Protein
For more delicious and healthy recipes, make sure to check out these recipes too!
Can’t you tell I like chocolate?
Thanks so much to Courtney for visiting our blog. I hope you’ll check out some of her other delicious and healthy recipes and follow her through social media to stay up to date on all her great happenings.