A peanut butter, honey, and chocolate breakfast bar that mixes your favorite breakfast cereals into an “on the go” breakfast.
WARNING: Don’t make these PB & Honey Breakfast Bars if you are alone! You might regret it later in life or later in that day.
I know it is kind of weird to start a recipe post with a warning, maybe just a little bit. But let me tell you why – PB & Honey Breakfast Bars are addictive. If you love peanut butter and honey, if you love Reese’s Puffs, if you love peanut butter and chocolate you will love these bars. But if you are alone you might find yourself eating the whole pan by yourself, thus the warning.
I know sometimes breakfast is a complete whirl. You might only have time to grab something while running out the door or through the drive-thru, that’s where an “on the go” breakfast bar comes into play. Prepare these PB & Honey Breakfast Bars the night before, wrap them in parchment, and put them in individual baggies and now YOU have control over your breakfast. And what can be better than that!?! Just a little peanut butter, honey, and chocolate. A delicious combination, cereal in a bar, no milk required.
Enjoy with a fruit smoothie for even a more complete breakfast.
PB & Honey Breakfast Bars
- 1/4 cup 1/2 stick butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups Reese's Peanut Butter Puffs
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups Honey Chex
- 1 cup Chocolate Cheerios
- pinch of salt
- Spray an 8 x 8 baking dish with cooking spray
- Line with parchment
- Measure the cereals into a large bowl
- Melt the butter, brown sugar, honey, peanut butter and pinch of salt in a medium sized saucepan over low to medium heat, stirring to complete mix
- Once melted, remove from heat
- Pour melted mixture over the cereals and stir in
- FIRMLY press the cereal mixture into the baking dish
- Put in fridge and let set up for 2 hours
- Cut into bars or squares (makes 8 bars or 16 squares)
Use your imagination and design your own breakfast cereal bar with your favorite cereals.
Kelly - Life Made Sweeter says
I love cereal bars! These PB honey ones look fantastic and totally addictive!
Ellen Garrett says
Just looking at them makes me want to make them again. We ate them way too fast. I hope you like them.