These peppermint oreo parfaits have layers of oreos, chocolate pudding, crushed peppermints, and vanilla pudding all topped with whipped cream for a delicious and festive dessert!
Do you love the combination of Oreos and peppermint? I do! Do you love pudding? I do! Now with peppermint Oreo parfaits you can make just about the easiest pretty little dessert ever.
Making a layer parfait feels fancy but it really is just an east fun way to eat your pudding. I started off crushing my Oreos in a baggie, crushing my peppermint candy canes in another baggie. I seal the baggie and then whack away with my rolling pin. Then I made both puddings each in their own bowl but using less milk because I wanted my parfait to have the strength to hold up being layered. Next choose your parfait dish, I used these cute little 1 cup mason jars but any clear tall small glass will work. You will want tall and clear to show off the layers.
Now we start layering. Crushed Oreo bottom, chocolate pudding – about 3 TBS each, crushed peppermint candy cane, vanilla pudding – again about 3 TBS, another small layer of crushed Oreos if desired, whipped topping, and finally sprinkling of more crushed peppermint candy cane. Add a peppermint stick or candy cane for a finishing touch and serve.
I highly recommend you have everything ready and assemble just before serving for the prettiest peppermint Oreo parfaits. If you do have to assemble earlier everything still tastes wonderful together but your crushed candy cane does start to weep a bit into your puddings. Just letting you know. This recipe makes enough for 6, if you need more just double everything. If you need less, use the small pudding box, and reduce everything else accordingly.
It’s all peppermint Oreo parfait perfection.
Peppermint Oreo Parfaits
- 12 double stuffed Oreos
- 5 oz pkg dry chocolate pudding mix
- 5 oz pkg dry vanilla pudding mix
- 30 to 40 mini peppermint candy canes (divided)
- 4 cups milk (divided)
- whipped topping in a can
- 6 - 1 cup mason jars or 6 small parfait glasses
- Place the Oreos in a clear plastic baggie, seal, crush Oreos with a rolling pin
- Place 30 mini peppermint candy canes in a clear plastic baggie, seal, crush candy canes with a rolling pin
- In the bottom of each jar spread 1/6 of the crushed Oreos
- In a medium mixing bowl pour 2 cups of milk and the chocolate pudding mix, whisk together until smooth, let set for 1 to 2 minutes
- Scoop 1/6 of the chocolate pudding into each jar over the crushed Oreos - I used a wide mouth funnel to help direct the pudding
- Tap bottom of the jar on counter top to help spread pudding evenly
- Sprinkle 1/9 of the crushed candy canes over the chocolate pudding in the jars
- In another medium mixing bowl pour 2 cups of milk and the vanilla pudding mix, whisk together until smooth, let set for 1 to 2 minutes
- Spoon 1/6 of the vanilla pudding into each jar over the crushed candy canes, tap again on the counter top to even pudding out
- Optional - Here you can crush more Oreos and sprinkle onto of the vanilla pudding
- Top pudding with whipped topping
- Sprinkle remaining crushed candy canes evenly over the 6 parfaits, insert on the side a whole candy cane for decoration and fun